Wednesday, June 25, 2008

GASC Chantilly

Well, our fun weekend has come and gone and I feel like I'm finally rested again. Too many late nights, but it was definitely worth it. Sue, Nancy and I had a blast. The only problem was that it went by on so fast. Why is that? It seems like it takes forever for the event to finally arrive, only to fly by at mach speed. LOL

I only took 3 classes this year and my favorite by far was the Acrylic Album I took from the Button Farm. This is the first time I worked with an acrylic album and I learned a lot, so I'll be able to do one of my own design without a lot of trial and error. I haven't added my photos yet and some of the embellishments, but I hope to finish it this weekend. Here's what it looks like so far:













I also took a Rusty Pickle class to make a Love Mini-Album. It too is not finished yet, just not enough class time. I don't think some of the ladies realized that the class was a little more advanced than they were used to because the poor instructor kept having to stop and make a boatload of explanations. The other class I took was an Accordion Mini-Album. The instructor was Crystal Jeffrey Rieger (she's really funny). The sponsor's for that class were Memory Makers, TI and Scrapbook Adhesives (3L).






5 comments:

Stacey said...

Great projects! I love the acrylic album!

Jen said...

your acrylic album rocks!!

Kimmie said...

girl you must show us that accordian class

Julie Overby said...

Hi Marti!!!

It was so good to see your name on my blog! How ARE ya??

Thanks for the sweet comments! I have to say, your acrylic album is fabulous! I LOVE teal and red together! Aren't those clear albums fun? I really enjoy working with them.

Take care my friend!
Hugs,
Julie

Laura S. said...

cool projects. I still need to jump in and try an acrylic album.