Thursday, May 7, 2009

Life With Maria

Once again, I have been so bad about blogging. Don't know why. I've actually had the time, but just not the interest. Maybe because I never think I'm any good at this or better yet - I really have no idea what to say. LOL Most of my friends would disagree because half the time they can't get me to shut up.

But DD Maria can beat me at it any time. The girl can talk. I mean really about anything, anytime. She's good at holding a conversation with herself too. I heard her talking in her room the other day (I thought with her brother) until I realized he wasn't even home. Nope, she was in just a chatting away with herself. It was cute.


She came to me yesterday and had decided to finally get her ears pierced. Mind you, we've been talking about this on an off for a couple of years. But the child is afraid of pain, needles, you name it. And of course just the thought of this sends her into a nervous frenzy. She gets stomach aches when she gets nervous. Had one last night, so I had to tell her she won't be getting her ears pierced this weekend until she's REALLY ready.

I'm still taking her, I just don't want her to be worrying about it for the rest of the week. We also got a great note from one of her teachers. And of course there was a great challenge over at Lifetime Moments this weekend for NSD. So I put them together and came up with this LO to document her teacher's kind words.



This was from her Social Studies teacher. "So often us teachers have to focus most of our attention on those students who aren't doing what they are supposed to be doing in school. I just wanted to take this time and say that having Maria in my class not only makes my job easier, but fun and rewarding. It has and is a pleasure to have her in my class. Thank you," Mr. McShane.

Isn't she da bomb!!

4 comments:

Catherine said...

What an awesome LO and great way to preserve such a special moment!

Kimmie said...

omg how freaking cool is that! What a great layout to document it!

WTG Maria

Corey W. said...

wtg Maria!!! good for her and what a great teacher to make sure she knows!

and good luck with the ears - I know that if I hadn't done Hailee's when she was 8 mo old they wouldn't have ever been pierced! lol

Mel Place said...

hi marti
she get cuter everytime i see her WTG maria!!i hope she get her ear pierce too so i can send her a special pair!!awesome lo too marti